Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Olla Bolla's & New Headboard

The Olla Bolla's
These are a traditional dutch treats made for new years. My mom used to make these around Christmas when I was growing up. I decided to make them each year for my family as one of our new traditions to keep mom close.

Before
I have been asking Shane for a bedroom set for a while, but since we are a mobile family and have to move frequently he didn't want the added weight a bedroom set would bring. So we compromised and made a hanging headboard (Not to mention a money saver too)

After

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!! I am waiting for my batch of Olla Bolla's... (I hope soon!) And I love the headboard. Such a neat idea since I love our mattress on the floor. So when you come for a visit I have some "honey do's" for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom did the same thing? Wonder if we're related?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a very good post indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it in my lunch time. Will surely come and visit this blog more often. Thanks for sharing. bed bangs against wall

    ReplyDelete